Thoughts on Commitment

Day 135: Proverbs 5-8

Almost all of the reading for today includes instructions for men to avoid immoral women and instead to enjoy their wife and be committed to her. While much of this passage doesn't relate to me in that it is specifically speaking to men, there is still much to offer me as a woman. Adultery is so rampant in our society, for both men and women, and these instructions on staying faithful to one person are extremely relevant today. Adultery hurts so many people, and this reading points out that it also hurts the person who does it, in a way that other sins, like stealing, don't. Staying faithful to one person is not an unreachable goal, not when we are first committed to the Lord. I pray that God will continue to bless all of our marriages and take the sins of the flesh away.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Kara

I am Kara Poe Alexander. I began this blog to read the Bible anew, with fresh eyes and an open mind. I hope to grow closer to God, to learn how these ancient stories are still relevant today, and to develop a spiritual discipline of Bible study.