Get Wisdom

Day 134: Proverbs 1-4

Tonight, I have been reminded by Proverbs the importance of seeking wisdom, insight, and understanding. I consider myself a wise person. I don't say this to brag, but I do think it's one of the gifts God has given me. Yet still, discerning what is wise can be so difficult, especially when the decision is a difficult one. I'm reminded that I should go to God when I need this wisdom. Proverbs tells us to search for wisdom like you would hidden treasures. Seek wisdom by asking God for it. Proverbs 3 says,

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes;  fear the LORD and shun evil."

So you gain wisdom by seeking God. In the midst of important decisions I have to make right now, I am reminded to seek wisdom, to get wisdom.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Kara

I am Kara Poe Alexander. I began this blog to read the Bible anew, with fresh eyes and an open mind. I hope to grow closer to God, to learn how these ancient stories are still relevant today, and to develop a spiritual discipline of Bible study.