Pray for Wisdom

Day 136: Proverbs 9-12

I like how wisdom is personified in Proverbs, how she is given human characteristics. So far in my reading of Proverbs, I notice how much emphasis is placed on getting wisdom. Wisdom is looking for you, and you should look for it. Wisdom will also give you a long life, so seek wisdom. This week, I continue praying for wisdom. I feel some peace after praying this prayer this week, and I am confident that once I pray for wisdom, I will be better able to discern what the right decisions are for me. Many of these proverbs seem like rules for living, maxims to make a better life for yourself. But when you read these together, the focus is on wisdom and on making wise and righteous decisions.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Kara

I am Kara Poe Alexander. I began this blog to read the Bible anew, with fresh eyes and an open mind. I hope to grow closer to God, to learn how these ancient stories are still relevant today, and to develop a spiritual discipline of Bible study.