Food for Thought: Wisdom from Proverbs

Day 138: Proverbs 17-20

Here's some wisdom from Proverbs 17:8:

"A bribe is like a lucky charm; whoever gives one will prosper!"

 Huh?

Proverbs 17:16: "It is senseless to pay tuition to educate a fool, since he has no heart for learning."

That's not how it works in this country. Are there even such things as fools?

Proverbs 17:28: "Even fools are thought wise when they keep silent; with their mouths shut, they seem intelligent." Now, I like this one.

Here's one I need to hear sometimes: Proverbs 18:13: "Spouting off before listening to the facts
      is both shameful and foolish."

Proverbs 20:19 :" A gossip betrays a confidence; so avoid anyone who talks too much."

I'll end with this one: Proverbs 19:20: "Get all the advice and instruction you can, so you will be wise the rest of your life."

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Kara

I am Kara Poe Alexander. I began this blog to read the Bible anew, with fresh eyes and an open mind. I hope to grow closer to God, to learn how these ancient stories are still relevant today, and to develop a spiritual discipline of Bible study.