Thoughts on Psalms

Day 111: Psalm 31 to 35

Psalm 32 is an interesting psalm in the sense that it deals with the Lord forgiving sins. If I'm remembering correctly, so far in my reading of the Old Testament, I don't remember reading anything so far about God and forgiveness. However, this psalm deals specifically with the idea of confession and forgiveness. The writer confessing his sins to the Lord, and the Lord forgiving them.
----
Reading the psalms teaches me about the ways of the Lord and the relationship he establishes with his people. I kind of wish the psalms were intermittent throughout the Bible so that we could have narrative and poetry intermixed.
----
Psalm 34:18: "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." This scripture suggests that God is near those who suffer. He is close to the hurting, offering them comfort and hope.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Kara

I am Kara Poe Alexander. I began this blog to read the Bible anew, with fresh eyes and an open mind. I hope to grow closer to God, to learn how these ancient stories are still relevant today, and to develop a spiritual discipline of Bible study.