David's Words to the Lord

Day 110: Psalm 26-30

Once again I'm struck by how well David knows the Lord. He has an understanding of him that comes through in the words he says--the praise and lament he offers to God. I've always wondered why David was a man after God's heart, especially when he was so violent, literally killing thousands of people, and when he killed Uriah the Hittite so that he could take Bathsheba as his wife (after he had an affair with her and got her pregnant). But here in Psalms, I can understand more about the relationship between God and David. It's really special, and I appreciate David by reading his words. At one point in my life, I kept a diary of prayers to God. Maybe I'll start that up again. Writing sure does make things clearer.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Kara

I am Kara Poe Alexander. I began this blog to read the Bible anew, with fresh eyes and an open mind. I hope to grow closer to God, to learn how these ancient stories are still relevant today, and to develop a spiritual discipline of Bible study.