More kings

Day 72: 2 Kings 15-20

Just a few notes for today:
*We have another good king in the eyes of the Lord--Hezekiah. I always like reading about good kings who trusted and obeyed God.
*I'm a bit surprised to see that Isaiah appears in 2 Kings. He prophesies to Hezekiah and also heals Hezekiah of a boil from which he was suffering.
*I'm ready for these lists and lists and lists of kings to be over. There's not much narrative going on here, and I like writing about stories that occur. Hopefully we'll get some of these when we begin I Chronicles.

Good night.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Kara

I am Kara Poe Alexander. I began this blog to read the Bible anew, with fresh eyes and an open mind. I hope to grow closer to God, to learn how these ancient stories are still relevant today, and to develop a spiritual discipline of Bible study.