Left Behind?

Day 227: Matthew 24

I'm sure many of you are familiar with The Left Behind series of books, which is based on the notion of the rapture. My church denomination does not preach about the rapture because they don't think it will occur. And I don't really either, but I can see where they might get this notion from. Right here in Matthew 24. In this chapter, Jesus is talking about the end time when he, the "Son of Man," will return to earth. 

Matthew 24:36-41:
“However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows.

“When the Son of Man returns, it will be like it was in Noah’s day. In those days before the flood, the people were enjoying banquets and parties and weddings right up to the time Noah entered his boat. People didn’t realize what was going to happen until the flood came and swept them all away. That is the way it will be when the Son of Man comes.

“Two men will be working together in the field; one will be taken, the other left. Two women will be grinding flour at the mill; one will be taken, the other left. 

Right there in the last two sentences--one will be taken; the other left behind. I'm not sure what to make of this discovery.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Kara

I am Kara Poe Alexander. I began this blog to read the Bible anew, with fresh eyes and an open mind. I hope to grow closer to God, to learn how these ancient stories are still relevant today, and to develop a spiritual discipline of Bible study.