Steadfast Love of the Lord


Day 175: Lamentations 1-3

The book of Lamentations is pretty grim, but hope still remains. I leave you today with this thought from Lamentations 3:18-26.

So I say, "My splendor is gone
       and all that I had hoped from the LORD."
    I remember my affliction and my wandering,
       the bitterness and the gall.
    I well remember them,
       and my soul is downcast within me.
    Yet this I call to mind
       and therefore I have hope:
    Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
       for his compassions never fail.
    They are new every morning;
       great is your faithfulness.
    I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion;
       therefore I will wait for him."
    The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him,
       to the one who seeks him;
    it is good to wait quietly
       for the salvation of the LORD.

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; it is new every morning. 

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Kara

I am Kara Poe Alexander. I began this blog to read the Bible anew, with fresh eyes and an open mind. I hope to grow closer to God, to learn how these ancient stories are still relevant today, and to develop a spiritual discipline of Bible study.