Another WHAT??

Day 181: Ezekiel 16-19

I was quite surprised to read this tonight from Ezekiel 16: 23-26:

"'Woe! Woe to you, declares the Sovereign LORD. In addition to all your other wickedness, you built a mound for yourself and made a lofty shrine in every public square. At every street corner you built your lofty shrines and degraded your beauty, spreading your legs with increasing promiscuity to anyone who passed by. You engaged in prostitution with the Egyptians, your neighbors with large genitals, and aroused my anger with your increasing promiscuity."

And what did the Lord do in response? He stretched out his hand against them and shrunk their territory. 

This passage reminds me of another strange verse in the Bible, Deuteronomy 25:11 (see here for a commentary and the scripture itself). I'm not quite sure what to think of this, so I'm just going to leave it and go on. 

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Kara

I am Kara Poe Alexander. I began this blog to read the Bible anew, with fresh eyes and an open mind. I hope to grow closer to God, to learn how these ancient stories are still relevant today, and to develop a spiritual discipline of Bible study.