Resistance

Day 147: Isaiah 1-4

I have to admit that the book of Isaiah scares me. I'm not exactly sure why, except if my memory serves me correctly, it's abstract and difficult to understand, and it's very, very long. In spite of this, though, I'm going to plunge through in hopes of gaining greater insight into this book. Today's reading, though, puzzled me somewhat, and I still don't understand it. However, what I do notice is that Isaiah is prophesying about things to come and retelling things that happened before, ways in which the Lord was alive and working. I may have to start using a commentary if I want to understand this. I hope it's going to become more clear to me.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Kara

I am Kara Poe Alexander. I began this blog to read the Bible anew, with fresh eyes and an open mind. I hope to grow closer to God, to learn how these ancient stories are still relevant today, and to develop a spiritual discipline of Bible study.