Wondefully Made

Day 132: Psalm 139-142

Think about the person who knows you the best on this earth. Maybe it's a spouse or a significant other, a parent or a friend. This person, although they know you better than anyone else in this world, probably still does not know everything about you. There may be a secret you keep from him or her. Or maybe this person just hasn't discovered everything about you yet. Or it could be that you aren't fully yourself around certain people. Regardless of the reason, no one knows you completely. Not even yourself, probably.

But there is one who knows all aspects of you--the good, the sinful, the scary, the inner you. And that is God. Psalm 139:1-6 says, "O Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me. You know when I sit down or stand up.You know my thoughts even when I’m far away. You see me when I travel and when I rest at home. You know everything I do. You know what I am going to say even before I say it, Lord. You go before me and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too great for me to understand!"

God knows us--our innermost self that we don't want people to see because we don't think they'll like it. And yet God, wow, he loves us in spite of all our flaws. He loves us because he made us; he knit us together in our mother's wombs. He has made us wonderfully and beautifully. And it's wonderful to rest in the assurance that God thinks good thoughts about us. He loves us! And he knows us! Wow, what a paradox.
  
God is proud of the people he made. He loves us. He loves us. What assurance we have in Him.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Kara

I am Kara Poe Alexander. I began this blog to read the Bible anew, with fresh eyes and an open mind. I hope to grow closer to God, to learn how these ancient stories are still relevant today, and to develop a spiritual discipline of Bible study.