In the midst of emotions...praise the Lord

Day 131: Psalm 135-138

Lately I've been feeling like everything is meaningless. No, I haven't gotten to this passage in scripture yet, but I sure have felt this way about a lot of things. In spite of feeling this way, though, I'm still reminded by these writers of psalms of the importance of praising the Lord. Over and over again, these people shout, "Praise the Lord!" And that's what I'm going to do. I will praise the Lord, regardless of how I'm feeling at this moment.

I will praise the Lord for the Lord is good.

I will praise the Lord because of all that he has done for me.

Even though I'm feeling this way right now, I will still praise the Lord. I will give thanks to him for all the reasons listed in Psalm 136 (a great passage!). For in my praise and my thanksgiving, I can see that there is one thing that isn't meaningless, and that one thing--God--can bring me hope. Why? Because his faithful love endures forever.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Kara

I am Kara Poe Alexander. I began this blog to read the Bible anew, with fresh eyes and an open mind. I hope to grow closer to God, to learn how these ancient stories are still relevant today, and to develop a spiritual discipline of Bible study.