More on the Nature of God from the Psalms

Day 126: Psalm 111-114

There is so much to praise the Lord about. He is so good. I'm amazed by how these writers of psalms never run out of enough things to praise the Lord about. Sometimes I am at a loss for words, but these writers--wow--they think of new metaphors, names, descriptions, and ideas about which to praise the Lord. I have learned so much through their understandings of God and how they express their gratefulness to Him.

Although much of the psalms is about praising the Lord, there's still quite a lot of text dedicated to repeating the story of Israelite history--the story of what God has done in the lives of His people.
Praising God and thanking him for what he's done is a repetitive format appearing in the psalms. And I think this format is especially powerful in communicating more about the nature of God.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Kara

I am Kara Poe Alexander. I began this blog to read the Bible anew, with fresh eyes and an open mind. I hope to grow closer to God, to learn how these ancient stories are still relevant today, and to develop a spiritual discipline of Bible study.