God's Method of Protection

Day 128: Psalm 119

So, I made it to the longest chapter in the Bible. Psalm 119. This psalm has always seemed intimidating to me before because it takes up pages and pages in the Bible. But when it comes to reading something, it really isn't that long. The main thing I have learned from reading this psalm today is that God's laws are not meant to harm us or to hinder us; rather, they are meant to free us, to allow us to fly on tops of God's wings as he protects us. His laws are good for us; they are meant to make us joyful and carefree. He has given us these commands so that we can find our rest in him.

As it says in Psalm 119:105, "Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path."

Thank you, God, for setting boundaries for me. Thank you for protecting me.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Kara

I am Kara Poe Alexander. I began this blog to read the Bible anew, with fresh eyes and an open mind. I hope to grow closer to God, to learn how these ancient stories are still relevant today, and to develop a spiritual discipline of Bible study.