Advice from Women

Day 140: Proverbs 25-28

If women had contributed to the book of Proverbs, I wonder what they would have written. The main reason I ask this question is because there is a lot about living with a quarrelsome wife or being married to a nag. I recognize that there is wisdom in these references, but it has got me thinking that I'm sure women have wisdom to add about being married to men, too. Advice they could pass on to future generations. I wonder why God didn't include any of these proverbs in the Bible. I'm sure part of it was a cultural thing and the specific role delegated to women, but there are women prophets in the Bible, and stories about women as well. There are even prayers by women, such as Hannah's and Mary's prayers. So why not have a woman contribute a proverb or two?

If you are a woman reading this, what advice would you contribute? What wisdom would you impart to future generations? I think it's interesting to consider.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Kara

I am Kara Poe Alexander. I began this blog to read the Bible anew, with fresh eyes and an open mind. I hope to grow closer to God, to learn how these ancient stories are still relevant today, and to develop a spiritual discipline of Bible study.