A Joke for Today

Day 89: Nehemiah 1-4

Here's a joke for you:
Who was the shortest person in the Bible?

Answer: Knee-High Mya

My high school Bible teacher Mr. Hahn used to tell that joke every year. He belly-laughedover that one each time he told it.

I don't remember anything about Nehemiah except for that joke, so I guess I better go read it.
---
Nehemiah was cupbearer to the king, King Artaxerxes, and he was distraught about Jerusalem being in ruins, so he asks the king to let him go rebuild it. The king grants his request, and Nehemiah oversees the rebuilding of the walls of Jerusalem.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Kara

I am Kara Poe Alexander. I began this blog to read the Bible anew, with fresh eyes and an open mind. I hope to grow closer to God, to learn how these ancient stories are still relevant today, and to develop a spiritual discipline of Bible study.