Job's Days Gone By

Day 101: Job 28-31

I am a nostalgic person. I like to reflect on times gone by, especially the good ones, and on times when I was the most happy. I often bring up the past to my husband and my family and we all laugh about these old times. Here in the book of Job, Job tells his friends that he wishes he could go back to the days when God was happy with him, "when God's intimate friendship blessed [his] life" and when God and his children were still with him. This nostalgia--this depth of grief and lament--is one I've never felt before. Job sure is one to admire.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Kara

I am Kara Poe Alexander. I began this blog to read the Bible anew, with fresh eyes and an open mind. I hope to grow closer to God, to learn how these ancient stories are still relevant today, and to develop a spiritual discipline of Bible study.