Finding Us

Day 81: 2 Chronicles 10-15

If you seek the Lord, you will be found by him.

I have heard this concept since I was a little kid. Seek the Lord and He will find you. However, in practice, this concept is one that is harder to implement. When I experienced low points in my life, I have found it very difficult to seek him. Not because I don't want to but because, for whatever reason, I have found it so hard to do. Maybe it was because I was depressed and didn't have the energy. Or maybe it was because I was caught in sin and felt ashamed to seek a holy God. Or maybe it was because I didn't want to be so vulnerable.

Whatever the case, it's hard to seek God when you most need him. Isn't that ironic? That when we most need him seeking him isn't the easiest, most natural thing to do? I wish it were easier during these hard times because the reward would surely outweigh the difficulties, but it's not. And maybe that's what makes that concept so amazing. That when you're finally ready to seek the Lord, it doesn't take much looking; He's already found you.

That gives me courage during the low points that inevitably come. Even when I don't know what to do to feel better or get out of the depths of despair, God is ready for me when I decide to seek Him. In fact, he's waiting in anticipation for me.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Kara

I am Kara Poe Alexander. I began this blog to read the Bible anew, with fresh eyes and an open mind. I hope to grow closer to God, to learn how these ancient stories are still relevant today, and to develop a spiritual discipline of Bible study.