Personal Reflections

Well, to say the least, things here have not been very good. In fact, I've been running from this Bible study--putting it off and procrastinating reading and blogging. I've been reflecting on why I haven't wanted to read the Bible or blog about it, and, after thinking about it for a while, I think I'm still depressed. I do not like having to write or admit that fact here on my blog. I feel embarrassed and disappointed in myself. I should be over this by now. What's wrong with me? I also know that I'm opening myself up to judgment and that people form perceptions of me when I make such admissions. But if you are going to know why I haven't posted lately, then that is why. I just have been wondering lately about the point of it all. And I recognize that this attitude is that comes from depression.

It's interesting to me that when people are suffering we have the tendency to turn away from God. For me, I haven't wanted to do what would draw me closer to God, even though I'm aware that going to him could help me feel better. It's just so ironic that when we need God the most, we don't seek him out. So that's where I'm at. Hopefully, I'll post again soon.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Kara

I am Kara Poe Alexander. I began this blog to read the Bible anew, with fresh eyes and an open mind. I hope to grow closer to God, to learn how these ancient stories are still relevant today, and to develop a spiritual discipline of Bible study.