Reflection 5: Continuing on through the Prophets

Day 200: Reflection 5

These last 40 days have been some of the most difficult ones on this journey, mainly because I've been reading the prophetic books, and they aren't as easy to process and relate to as the narrative ones. In addition, they are written in such a different style where much of it seems like a fantasy genre. It's not as easy to relate to and understand, and readers really need much more of a context for understanding what is going on here. In the future, it would be interesting to examine these books in the context of the narrative unfolding of the events. But this is not my purpose, nor do I have the time. In spite of these difficulties, though, I'm still journeying on. I've gotten behind a few times due to sickness and other factors, but I'm still continuing on my path. Thanks for reading.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Kara

I am Kara Poe Alexander. I began this blog to read the Bible anew, with fresh eyes and an open mind. I hope to grow closer to God, to learn how these ancient stories are still relevant today, and to develop a spiritual discipline of Bible study.