Prophetic Accounts I

Day 151: Isaiah 17-21

Isaiah prophesies about the destruction of Damascus, about how the city of Cush will listen and respond to the word of the Lord, about how Egypt and Cush will be destroyed, and about how Babylon, Edom, and Arabia will suffer because of their faithlessness.

Not much to comment on today, except to say that I think these prophecies were meant to show the people during that time that there was a God. These prophets could predict what was going to come, and they were connected to the Lord. When these events came to pass, perhaps people of these lands came to believe in the Lord.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Kara

I am Kara Poe Alexander. I began this blog to read the Bible anew, with fresh eyes and an open mind. I hope to grow closer to God, to learn how these ancient stories are still relevant today, and to develop a spiritual discipline of Bible study.