Jesus, the Counselor

Day 149: Isaiah 9-12

I love this passage from Isaiah 9:6

"For to us a child is born,
       to us a son is given,
       and the government will be on his shoulders.
       And he will be called
       Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
       Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."

I especially appreciate how the author has used the word "Wonderful Counselor" to describe the future Savior. Think about what this description means. Jesus is the one who counsels us. He offers us hope and gives us a way out of all the pain that we experience in this life. Depression. Addiction. Loss. Death. Sin. Jesus is our counselor.

I went to a counselor for a while last year. It was my first time to do so, and it didn't exactly work out like I hoped it would. I think counseling is great, and it's a healthy way to work through issues in our lives. And it's comforting to know that Jesus, too, is described as our counselor. Our WONDERFUL counselor. How comforting is that! We can talk to him about anything, and he will lead us through it. He has saved us. Amazing.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Kara

I am Kara Poe Alexander. I began this blog to read the Bible anew, with fresh eyes and an open mind. I hope to grow closer to God, to learn how these ancient stories are still relevant today, and to develop a spiritual discipline of Bible study.