God's Desire

I am a bit behind in posting, but I have still been reading along and writing down everything on paper. We have been traveling and we've also been having intermittent internet problems, so I haven't been able to post when I'd like. So, look for me to add these posts over the next several days, until I catch up. Thanks for staying with me.

Day 163: Jeremiah 5-8
Israel continues to reject the Lord, and so the Lord sends enemies to invade and destroy them. He wants them to come to him and to know him, and he will take drastic measures to ensure that they come to know him. Jeremiah is the prophet who delivers them this news and prophesies about what's to come if they don't repent and return to God.

So often, we run away. We get busy. We put obstacles in our lives that separate us from God. And just like he desire with Israel and Judah, God wants us to repent, too. He wants us to return to Him and live the life that He has meant for us to live. He may convict our heart. He may allow us to get into a situation that will teach us about Him, about ourselves. He may discipline us in other ways. He does all this because He loves us. God wants all of us, and he has the power get it from us. But he doesn't coerce. He doesn't beg. Instead, he grieves. His heart is broken. He hurts with he hurt of his people, and he mourns with them, too (Jeremiah 8:18-22).

When we are separate from God--either because of sin or because of situation or because of resentment towards God--he hurts with us. What a mighty God we have. A true friend.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Kara

I am Kara Poe Alexander. I began this blog to read the Bible anew, with fresh eyes and an open mind. I hope to grow closer to God, to learn how these ancient stories are still relevant today, and to develop a spiritual discipline of Bible study.