God Is Mighty to Save You

Day 161: Isaiah 62-66

Isaiah 63:1a: "It is I, speaking in righteousness, mighty to save."

The Lord is "mighty to save." Wow. That's amazing to consider for a moment. God is mighty to save! Many of you know that this mantra has become the prayer of the Bizaillion/Ross families as they pray over Jenny. This song has touched me in so many ways, and I'm delighted to have found it in scripture today. Yes, the Lord is mighty to save.

These words "to save" are important for Christians because of salvation. Jesus has saved us, and he continues to save us every day. He sanctifies us and makes us new. He saves us from anything and everything that we need saving from--whether we know it or not.

And the word "mighty" shows God's great strength, and it also shows his character. He will do this with all his might. He will save all people because he is mighty to do so!

This verse is so encouraging, and I pray it brings you encouragement today. In your life, you can be confident that God is mighty to save!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Kara

I am Kara Poe Alexander. I began this blog to read the Bible anew, with fresh eyes and an open mind. I hope to grow closer to God, to learn how these ancient stories are still relevant today, and to develop a spiritual discipline of Bible study.