Telling Others Our Stories

Day 118: Psalm 66-70

We are surrounded by people in pain. Every day we talk with people who are suffering in some way. From sin, divorce, addiction...and the list goes on and on. But what I appreciate about the psalms is how these psalmists praise God even in the midst of their pain. And, they don't only praise him, but they use their own stories to tell others about what God has done in their lives.

For instance, Psalm 66:5 says, "Come and see what our God has done, what awesome miracles he performs for people." These people know the importance of sharing their stories, of telling others about what God has done for them. How he changed them. How he saved them. How he has made a difference in their lives.

Another instance, Psalm 66:16-20: "Come and listen, all who fear God, and I will tell you what he did for me. For I cried out to him for help, praising him as I spoke. If I had not confessed the sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened. But God did listen! He paid attention to my prayer. Praise, God, who did not ignore my prayer or withdraw his unfailing love from me."

What a testimony to us. Praise be to God for his saving power and for his giving us stories to tell.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Kara

I am Kara Poe Alexander. I began this blog to read the Bible anew, with fresh eyes and an open mind. I hope to grow closer to God, to learn how these ancient stories are still relevant today, and to develop a spiritual discipline of Bible study.