A Remembered Passage

Day 108: Psalm 19-21

Today is Christmas Eve. It's such an exciting time of the year. Many people are off of work and are able to take some time to rest, celebrate, eat good food, and spend time with family. I hope you are having a Merry Christmas and a happy holiday season.

I read Psalm 19 for today. In the 6th grade, I had to memorize this entire chapter. I didn't think I could do it, but day after day we recited it together as a class, and soon we were all reciting the 14 verses in this chapter. I have often come back to this chapter. It's such a beautifully written chapter with beautiful imagery and a wonderful view of God:

Just listen to some of these verses:
"The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands."

"In the heavens he has pitched a tent for the sun,
which is like a bridegroom coming out of his chamber,
like a champion rejoicing to run his course."

"The law of the LORD is perfect,
refreshing the soul.
The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy,
making wise the simple"

"The precepts of the LORD are right,
 giving joy to the heart."

"The fear of the LORD is pure,
       enduring forever."

Thank you, Mrs. Glover, for teaching us this verse. It's such a unique one to learn, but it paints a beautiful image of God and the heavens.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Kara

I am Kara Poe Alexander. I began this blog to read the Bible anew, with fresh eyes and an open mind. I hope to grow closer to God, to learn how these ancient stories are still relevant today, and to develop a spiritual discipline of Bible study.