I don't get it

Day 5: Genesis 17-19

Sometimes I don’t understand the ways of the Lord. I don’t understand why God would destroy Sodom and Gomorrah, an entire city? Sure, they were wicked. But aren’t we all? I just don’t understand where his compassion is. I don’t understand. And, to be honest, I don’t like that God did that. Yes, He’s God. But he also loves his people. Why such violence?

Abraham pleads with God not to destroy the city (the righteous and the wicked). God concedes to Abraham that if 10 righteous people can be found, He will not destroy the city. In the end, though, I guess God couldn’t locate even 10 righteous people because the city was destroyed. Lot’s wife was destroyed and probably a lot of other lives, too. Perhaps Lot and his daughters who had lost their wife/mom.

I’m not going to pretend to know why God did what He did. But I do wonder why he did that. What was the point? What is the point?

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

About Kara

I am Kara Poe Alexander. I began this blog to read the Bible anew, with fresh eyes and an open mind. I hope to grow closer to God, to learn how these ancient stories are still relevant today, and to develop a spiritual discipline of Bible study.